Friday, August 22, 2003

Okay, this is sacrilege
I think every self-respecting Catholic should take this into their local parish priest and demand some gnashing and grinding of teeth at the highest levels of the church. This isn't just portraying Bush as Jesus-- this is portraying him as The Sacred Heart. And I would have to consult with my uberCatholic brothers to be sure, but I think it's a thousand times worse. This really hit a nerve with me, and I'm not even practicing, my youngest isn't even baptized (unless you count his uncle Arnold baptizing him in the tub when he was a toddler to make sure he wouldn't be lost in purgatory for eternity). This is enough to send me back to Sunday mass. This makes me want to vomit (penicillin, benydrl and chocolate, notwithstanding). I can't wait for the smiting to begin.

No comments: