Thursday, April 03, 2008

Elizabeth Edwards Hits the Right Target

Elizabeth Edwards brings the fight to John McCain.
I freely admit that I am confused about the role of overnight funding in repurchase markets in the collapse of Bear Stearns. What I am not confused about is John McCain’s health care proposal. Apparently Douglas Holtz-Eakin, a senior policy advisor to McCain, thinks I do “not understand the comprehensive nature of the senator’s proposal.” The problem, Douglas, is that, despite fuzzy language and feel-good lines in the Senator’s proposal, I do understand exactly how devastating it will be to people who have the health conditions with which the Senator and I are confronted (melanoma for him, breast cancer for me) but do not have the financial resources we have. In very unconfusing language: they are left outside the clinic doors.
Despite what some readers might think, we've not lost sight of the correct target this election year. It would be a lot easier if I didn't have to continually remind myself that McCain's shit stinks more than the Democrats.

thanks to Mr. Wolcott for the link

No comments: