Sunday, April 03, 2005

I missed the death of the Pope because I was off watching Sin City and studying. And after reading this, I'm really not sorry that I did.
...the conversation has been conducted almost exclusively among men. It's like that recent God panel on Meet the Press that consisted of five men theologizing, with Jon Meacham of Newsweek mewing the most awful pious twaddle, at one point using Bush and Dante in the same sentence with a straight face.

Ick.

As a laspsed Catholic I can't quite bring myself to completely disregard the Pope's death. But c'mon people. This has been coming for ages. Stop mourning and rejoice that the man no longer has to suffer the indiginity of the mortal coil.

Now I'm off to an early bedtime because I'm getting sick. I think that God is punishing me for the whole Sin City thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't get the memo that women don't have a place in the church? Um, yeah, Paul wrote it. I'll have to fax you a copy over this morning.

Sorry that sounds a lot more snickery than I meant it to. I have no idea what came over me.