Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Well slap my ass and call me Fanny

There might be a light at the end of the rainbow. When Richard Clarke, on Sunday's "60 Minutes", refused to say anything nice about the slackjawed mediocrity in the White House, but did say "I think he's done a terrible job on the war against terrorism," I felt so validated. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mr. Clarke. I am so sick of hearing every Bush critic qualify their criticism with a statement gushing over his handling of 9/11 and Afghanistan. Because the facts all point to cowardly stupidity, misplaced hostility, frightening incompetence, and flatout greed.

President Phi Kappa Lambda views the world from a prism formed at Yale when he was a fratboy/cheerleader, and as dense as quark-gluon plasma. Bill Gallagher shares this revealing little vignette from Richard Clarke's book:
In a book he wrote about his experiences, "Against All Enemies," Clarke writes that the president brushed off warnings that an unprovoked attack on Iraq would be a serious violation of international law, with Bush just saying, "I don't care what the international lawyers say. We are going to kick some ass."
or, to clarify: I'll just be over here clearing sticks and tumbleweeds from my "ranch" while I order other people to go kick some ass.

No comments: