Throw your own Jem And the Holograms Party!
1. You know you have good video rental place if they stock at least two "Jem And the Holograms" tapes. Rent both of them.
2.Make pink jello shots to drink every time Kimberly says, "Out-ra-geous!"
3. Count both Shana and Aja's lines. Dicuss racial tokenism in children's TV. Admit that they at least got their own storylines at one point. Move on because you can't think about politics all the time. This supposed to be fun, dammit!
4. Listen to the Holograms Songs at least twice and discuss possible success they would have had as singles during the 80's. Debbie Gibson or Tiffany?
5. Admit that The Misfits were actually cooler.
6. Once again wonder what the fuss over Rio was about.
7. Jericca or Jem? Discuss virgin-whore subtext. Move on because your are too drunk to think.
8. Talk about the message of conscientious celebrities and female empowerment that underlies general cheesiness.
9. Die laughing. Seriously, what were they thinking?
10. Lament over current generation of children's programming. Power Puff Girls? Please. Discuss what a possible revival would look like. Decide it wouldn't work because The Holograms would end up something like a band of Britanny's and The Misfits would still be cooler.
(With thanks to Sanjay and Ceds)