So, to review what Barack Obama believes:
government expenditures in the '60s = bad / Ronald Reagan = good
Let's take a closer look with Matthew Saroff and Phil Gaspar.
Excesses of the '60s:
- Voting Rights Act
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- the opening of social welfare programs to people of color
- fired 11,000 air traffic controllers in 1981 -- one of the most devastating union busting moves of the past century
- his vision of deregulation opened up the country for the wholesale thievery of the savings & loan crisis
- underfunded federal programs dealing with AIDS; believed people suffering and dying from AIDS were punished by God
- directed the Department of Agriculture to classify ketchup as a vegetable in September 1981 in an attempt to slash $1.5 billion from the federal school lunch program
- presided over the worst recession since the 1930s
- opposition to civil rights
- spearheaded class warfare on behalf of the rich
- supported apartheid in South Africa
- trained and supported terrorists, including the Nicaraguan contras and Islamic radicals in Afghanistan who later formed the al-Qaeda network.