Friday, June 11, 2004

My one and only Reagan Post

When I was five my Kindergarten class held a mock Presidential election. Mondale won.

Is there really anything left worth saying about Reagan? Lay the man to rest already. Does anybody else find something a smidge revolting about the way they are parading his coffin around the country like some holy relic?

It's probably tasteless of us to enjoy scoring points on this the darkest of days for the right. But Peggy Noonan has had this one coming for a while.
The week has been ... something. I watched it from where I am, in the place beyond. It's wonderful here. I'm working as a lifeguard again, and I love it. It's a little crowded, though, and an awful lot of people seem to want to talk to me, which I'll get to in a minute. But first you and I have to talk. I know what you were trying to do all week, or what you sort of meant to be doing. But, Peg, it's been bad.

Peg. Please, for the love of God -- who's in the next hammock, by the way? -- shut the hell up.

For those of you don't remember, read this first.

No comments: